This blog serves the purpose of my diary, or a place where I try to revive my writing ability, or a forum where I try to unleash my love for creativity or structure, whatever my mood is.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Swine Flu and More


I had made a very strong decision a while back that I will not clutter my blog with 'dear diary' kind of posts. But I am in a bad phase of my life right now, and writing a diary makes me feel better. So here I go with another frustration vent out:


1. I tested positive for H1N1 on Sunday. I have Swine Flu. I always thought my only contact with this so called deadly disease will be through the innumerable news articles. But no. I am suffering from it currently.

2. Point 1 would not have made much of a difference had I not been married. I am taking medicines and hopefully will be fine by Thursday. But Now my husband may end up catching the flu as well and the thought is scary!

3. Point 1 and 2 would not have made that big a deal had we not had a vacation planned at the end of the week. Now we may or may not end up going.

4. Losing a long awaited vacation is a blow on it's own. But Point 3 won't have mattered that much if we were in a position to postpone our lavish airlines and hotels bookings. Everything is non-refundable. Losing a vacation plus all the money. OUCH!

Too much uncertainty in my life right now. Whoever said "Uncertainty and Expectations are the joys of life" is a LOSER!

15 comments:

BragBoy said...

Just curious,
I found your link on the Google sponsored link section and was kind of excited to what its all about. But your blog is not as attractive of what I thought it would be.
How were you able to come under google sponsored links.
Just curious. :)

shashi kant singh said...

hey i m raeding ur blog for teh first time . but congrats as ads of ur blog are coming on front windows stating read the blog of a 23 year blogger. thats great. and about swine flu dont worry every thing will be fine. i m a VLE
MY blog is inqalabiparivartanmission.blogspot.com will u help me yaar

Veni Mahindra said...

@Bragadeesh: I advertise my blog on Google. Since I don't write too well I have to pay money to get readers to my site:)

Ishi said...

hey..nice posts and the best part is its simplicity..hope u recovered soon:-)

Ankit said...

hey!!!landed on ur blog from sumwhere....actually google..u haven't posted anything after this one...hope u recovered frm the flu...well the way u have written that u have swine flu was kind of u actually dont have and thats the thing i liked,well noone to comment on sumone else's writing,myself suck at blogging...lolzz,just liked it....and u kno ur blog is like dear diary kind bt u cant beat my blog,its not even like a diary..haha..well u gt a follower..:)

Veni Mahindra said...

Thanks Ishi and Ankit. I recovered in time and could go for my vacation.

invest said...

Thanks for sharing this.

Clinical Trials said...

Excellent post, I am regular visitor of this blog, keep on writing these great posts, and I will be a regular visitor for a long time.

Fultu Dhamaal said...

Why Google adwords?

Kesha Tickets said...

I admit it was hard to cope with because of the HORRIBLE on-going headaches... But I survived???

Bharat said...

Nice post...

Ella Torres said...

hey it is a nice and interesting post i enjoyed it......thank you

Best Hosting Serviece said...

This is really very pathetic but it will be fine. U written every thing clearly thats fine

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmh ok its not your writing style that attracted me but the frankness of facts writing skills improve on futher .check out my blog ( stripped-open-thoughts@blogspot.com)

Suhel Banerjee said...

Is lack of blogging a symptom or side effect of Swine Flu?:)